Five Ways a New Build Home Could Save You Money24 March 2017
1. Energy Efficiency – As technology is constantly improving, all Devonshire Homes new builds are installed with energy efficient insulation, ventilation and heating. Combined Heat and Power (CHP) systems are far more cost-effective than even the most advanced heating systems around. Buying a new build home will not only keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer but also will help you save those all important pennies.
2. High Quality Builds – All Devonshire Homes properties are designed and constructed in accordance with the latest government specifications. Compared to older properties, which can be costly in maintenance, a new build home will stay safe and secure for many years to come. What’s even better is that most come with a minimum 10 year structural warranty from the NHBC (National House Building Council) or LABC (Local Authority Building Council). Giving you peace of mind that your home is covered for any eventuality.
3. Failsafe Function – Continuing on from our previous point, the appliances in your new build home will also be brand new and unused. This means they are far less likely to require repair or replacement than those in an older dwelling. All appliances will be modern and completely neoteric, so they’ll function perfectly and have a longer lifespan than previously-used appliances in second- hand homes.
3. No Chain – As the first owner of a new build home, there’s no need to worry about the previous occupant’s circumstances. Buying Chain Free is particularly beneficial to first time buyers who could find themselves settled in their new home within just a matter of weeks. You are not dependent on anyone else, the relationship is just between yourselves and Devonshire Homes – saving you precious time and money.
4. Personal Touches – If you buy off-plan, you’ll have the option to choose your own fixtures, fittings and finishes. Buying ‘off-plan’ typically means that a buyer will agree to the price, pay (on average) a 10% deposit, and then wait until the new build is finished. Buyers can often nervous about purchasing a property they’ve never seen.
5. Helping Hands – Thanks to the UK government’s Help To Buy and Starter Homes Initiative, buying a new home couldn’t be easier. Help To Buy allows buyers to put down a deposit as low as 5% when buying a property. The Help to Buy scheme is open to both existing and first time buyers look to make their way on the property ladder.
If you’re interested in a new Devonshire Homes property in the stunning county of Devon then get in touch today, or browse our available properties and upcoming projects.